Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3/3/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier, I found RIP, Sadie and Buster up in the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS. All would eventually move down. There was zero interaction
When I got back to Makai Pier, at 0930 I found that Kolohe had joined the cast, at 3BS.

Team Billand called at 0703 to report R018 at Nimitz Beach.

I had called it a day at 1500, but a Tracy call at 1600 got be back out into the wild. She reported that an animal with a transmitter had been seen in Waikiki this morning around 1030ish, but could not haul out because of all the people at the water line (and all toooo familiar scene). The animal did not haul out and continued in an easterly direction. I did another recon of the SE Quadrant from 1600 to 1750, from Spitting Cave to Rabbit Island, and all spots in between. My Kermit Kuest was a bust. Maybe tomorrow ?????

A fringe benefit of my trek was finding that Duke had hauled out at the left end of Rabbit Island, and was hangin' with RIP and Buster in the Morning Glory. Sadie and Kolohe were still there also.


RIP, Buster, and Duke
Sadie
Kolohe

No comments: