Tuesday, March 23, 2010

3/23/2010 DB Dailies

At 0657, on my 2nd look at Irma's , I found Irma newly arrived, 100 ft east of the Kealahou traffic light. I cordoned her off, and rechecked her throughout the day. She has remained all day. I'll be rechecking her shortly. I picked up the rope at 1930. Irma remains.
Rabbit Island had been certified Monk Seal free on my first check, however when I got back to Makai Pier at 0900, I found that Buster was snoozin' at the right end of the Middle Cliff area. He remained there all day.

At 0922 Duke hauled out at 1BS, and shortly thereafter RIP hauled out at 0930 to join him. RIP did some very brief nuisance nuzzling, and then both settled down for the day. Absolutely nothing else happened.

Tracy called at 1145 to advise that Todd White had reported an animal just Haleiwa side of the Leftover's surf spot (just before Waimea Bay). Tracy had see the shots on Todd's blog (northshoremonks.blogspot.com) and said it was KC. I've checked the shots, and I wholeheartedly concur. KC is lookin' pretty chunky. My dollar is on the 2nd week of June .

Team Billand called at 1022 to report Kermit at Nimitz Beach, fronting #1813.

White Plains lifeguards called at 1418 to report an animal just hauling out to the east end fence line. At 1500 Team Billand called to confirm that it was.............Benny !!!!! I had a mean feeling when he went into the water at Rabbit Island yesterday at 1107 that the kid was headed back to the SW quadrant. He's baaaaaack !!!!

The Billands responded to Makaha at 1803 in response to a Tracy call, and found R018 on the beach.


Buster
Irma
Benny
Kermit
R018

1 comment:

val said...

love seeing RO18 sunning with the girls!!