Saturday, March 27, 2010

3/27/2010 DB Dailies

When I got my first look at Rabbit Island at 0648 I found Buster tucked into the base of the cliff, 30 ft left of 1BS. When I got back to Makai Pier at 0915, Buster was no longer there, but I found 3 swimming / playing animals in the shallows, ranging from 1BS to 2BS. At 0957 on a partial haul out , I was able to indentify one of them as Duke. Finally, at 1012 all three hauled out 50 ft left of 2BS, and I was able to identify Buster and Kolohe as the other two animals. On initial haul out Buster did some nuisance nuzzling on both Duke and Kolohe, but things quickly settled down, and all three remained there, close together for the rest of the day. The only action was moving up with the rising tide.
Colleen called at 0858 reporting an animal at Diamond Head. She confirmed the animal as Irma at 0932.

Team Billand called at 1342 to say that one of their posse had reported 2 animals at Nimitz Beach earlier in the day, one of which had something on it's back. When they did their SW quadrant check after the Whale Count, they found nobody , nowhere.
Duke, Buster and Kolohe
Irma hanging out at Rocky's stomping grounds... she heard there are some very cool people there.

No comments: