Monday, March 15, 2010

3/15/2010 iKermit 24 Hour Map

Aloha Donna-

For the blog. Here is a new update for Kermit from about March 13 10:05 am - March 14 10:05 am (not sure if the Hawaii time or Greenwich meantime, need to check sometime). But regardless 24 hrs. The first view is the aerial shot showing the path Kermit took. The second shot is looking head on to the path of travel from the ground level so you can see Kermits dives. This gives you a sense that the seals are diving almost the entire time they are out to see. sea.

Yellow dots= GPS location
The orange lines dipping down and up are dive profiles.

Cheers,
Charles


8 comments:

Charles said...

oh dear. I actually wrote see instead of sea...terrible. I might be biased but those maps are cool.
Charles

Donna said...

All fixed dr. charles. sorry i didn't catch it the first time. And no your not biased, not only are the maps the coolest, but sharing the information with all of us..... priceless!

Thank you kindly!

Barbara said...

Hell, I no care about spelling. I care about Kermits travels and seeing the maps is AWESOME!!! Sharing what these mammals do is fantastic. I wait for the maps, I want to know, I have an inquiring mind, so, THANKS MR. LITTNAN!! Keep em coming, PLEASE. Didnt find Kermit on the 13th, so, this map tells us alot. Cool. We feel honored us little guys get to read a map of a very special seal, KERMIT. Flipper hugs to ya.

Barbara said...

Seems Kermit dives deep, just wondering how deep this map is showing? Last time it was 450 feet plus.

Charles said...

These dives were all mostly between 30-40 meters, so roughly 100-130 ft deep.

Hawaii Stella's said...

Oh my gosh, these maps are AMAZING. Thank you for sharing, I love them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing and explaining Charles!!

Keith Kenyon said...

sheesh! I get earaches at 8 ft deep