Thursday, March 11, 2010

3/11/2010 DB Dailies

On my first look at Rabbit Island from the Makapuu Overview,at 0640, I found what would prove to be RIP, fronting 1BS. When I got down to Makai Pier at 0652,I could see that Duke was there with him. Also at 0652 I found Sadie up in the deep Morning Glory, fronting 3BS. She was making several hundred nesting Sooty Terns very upset, and they in turn were dive bombing her. She would ultimately tire of that game, and moved down near the water line. 
When I got back to Makai Pier at 0840 I found that Kolohe had joined Duke at RIP at 1BS . Each would move down to cool off individually, and all remained there near the water line all day. There was small interaction when Kolohe came down and joined Duke.

On a pan at 0843 I found that Mojo had hauled out to join Sadie at 3BS. They would remain together the rest of the day, with no observed interaction.

Team Billand reported RI37 at Tracks at 0939, and called again at 1010 to say that Kermit was at Nimitz Beach, fronting #1813.
RIP, Duke, and Kolohe
Sadie and Mojo

No comments: