Sunday, July 6, 2014

7-5-2014 DB's Dailies:Kolohe@SC, Sadie,Pua&Kainoa@RI, Buster@SB, Ka'ena&Temp402@KP

At 0630 I found an U/U which I could never ID, doing 5-7 minute dives at Blowhole Lookout. Circumstantial though it may be, when Buster (RV08) hauled out to the Blowhole end of Sandy Beach, I figure I had my ID. Buster departed at 1935.

 At 0913 I found Kolohe (RW22) doing 7 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

When I got to Makai Pier at 1122 I found 3 animals at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. They would prove to be Pua (RF34), Sadie (RB12) & Kainoa (RN04).

 I got a call from Dana at 1414. She advised that volunteer Trudy, at Sea Life Park reported seeing 2 people with kayaks on Rabbit Island. I was with Buster at the time. I called DOCARE and got the answer I was afraid I would get. All officers were on Kaneohe Bay/Moku Nui duty and there was no one available for a response. Sad !

 Speaking of Moku Nui duty, DOCARE posse member Ken Lesperance called to advise that Aukai (RL12) was there once again today.

 Marilyn and Lesley did the march to the end of the world as usual today, and reported Ka’ena (RO40) & Squinty (Temp402) at Ka’ena Point.

 Gary Langley sent photos for the Yesterday's News Department of Rocky&Pup as well as Pokahu's weaner son on Kauai.

Aukai - Moku Nui
 she's been out there the last two days... 
 Kolohe spitting cave 
 Sadie Pua and Kainoa  
 News from Kauai Rocky and pup
 RF22 on Kauai
 Pohaku's fat boy
Ka'ena
 Temp 402
 Buster at Sandy's

No comments: