Thursday, July 31, 2014

7-30-2014 DB's Dailies: U/U@BH&SB, Kainoa&Pua@RI, Kaiwi@KK, M&M@WP, RL42&RK36@Makua Cliff

At 0620 I checked Hanauma Bay, and found that T990 was no longer there. I had gotten a call at 1930 last night from Diga , advising of an animal at the Kahala Hilton. My guess is that it was probably T990 since he’d hauled out to that location before, but ????? No further word today.

 At 0704 I found what has become the usual U/U doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole. The animal was not there on subsequent checks. I’ve still got my dollar on Buster but ?????

 At 0951 on my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, I found a 15% molted Kainoa (RN04), 100 ft left of 1BS. He would remain all day.

 At 1133 posse member Melanie called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at Irma’s Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. Thank You Melanie !!!

 At 1207 after a 3 day absence from my life, Pua (RF34) hauled out to the far left end of the beach on RI. She would remain the rest of the day.

 At 1722 while doing my usual overview check of Sandy Beach, from the Blowhole Lookout, I began to see the adoring hordes begin to amass at the east end of Sandy Beach. I hurried down but was too . A witness said that there had been a large seal there but the people wouldn’t allow him to haul out. Instead they had their GoPros and camera phones right up his nose. The witnesses the animal swam straight out. Once again I say Buster but ????

 Team Billand called at 0620 with the report of a lone M&M (R020) fronting #1708, White Plains. It’s the first time in forever that she hasn’t had RIP beside her. Diane T advised that she departed at 1320. 

Team Billand called at 1553 with the report of finding RL42 at Makua Cliffs, with an U/U in the immediate area. At 1626 the Billands confirmed the RK36 ID.

 Donna added a piece from the Garden Island News, to the blog this morning, concerning yesterday’s tragic day on Kauai. Through the day I’ve noted that the Star-Advertiser also did a piece.

 http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140730_Hawaiian_monk_seal_pup_killed_by_dog_bite.html?id=269275161

 Gary Langley, who has been providing us with daily info on the Kauai cast, of Rocky & KC and their kids, as well as others, has unfortunately been called to the mainland for a death in the family so we’ve lost his unique perspective. Gary my deepest sympathy for the loss to your family.... and I have to believe the news about PK5 has to really sting... we are thinking out you here on the islands.

 Kainoa
Pua
 Kaiwi 
MM at white plains....   
 i just love her face.... so sweet... hey MM you trying to hide behind that pole?  it's not working
  RL42 and RK36 

No comments: