Friday, July 4, 2014

7-3-2014 DB's Dailies: Sadie,Aukai&Pua@RI, Kaiwi@CW, Kolohe@SC, Haupu@KoOlina, Nihoa@LahiLahi, Pohaku&Benny@Makaha Cabanas,Luana@Mokuleia

At 0643 I found what would turn out to be an U/U doing 12 minute dives at the Blowhole Lookout. I thought I saw Kolohe’s bleach on an up but my hopes were crushed with a called from Gayle at 0804, as I was watching my animal. She advised that she had Kolohe (RW22) at Spitting Cave. Her photos confirm the ID.

 When I got to Makai Pier at 1019 I found Sadie (RB12) & Aukai (RL12) at the far left end of the beach. When I got back to the pier at 1448 I found that Sadie’s daughter, Pua (RF34) had joined the cast. It was a girls day at the beach on RI.

 At 0642 Team Billand called to report Linda’s find of Haupu (RB24) at Lagoon #2, KoOlina. Thank you too to Laurie D. Diane T would report Haupu’s departure at 1005. At 1122 the Billands advised of a call about 4 animals in Makaha. It would turn out to be Benny (RE74) & Pohaku (RO28) at the Makaha Cabanas, and Nihoa (R912) and an U/U at LahiLahi Beach.

The Billands found only Nihoa when they arrived at 1236. Thank you to Debbie for covering both locations.

 Kimo Smith called at 1259 with the report of Luana (RN58), probably overnighted at the birth beach, Mokuleia.

 In the Yesterday's News department, Kimo Smith's KP shots arrived too late for yesterday's blog, so here are Ka'ena, Kerby, M&M & Temp402 at KP, with Luana at Mokuleia.

 Mark Sullivan sent shots from his latest bleaching mission. RL42 now has her N20 bleach, Ka’ena (RO40) his new N9, and Kerby (RW08) a new N8. Thank you Mark !




 















No comments: