Wednesday, July 9, 2014

7-8-2014 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH&SB, Sadie&Pua@RI, Kaiwi@CW, Makaiwi&RIP@Waikomo's, Kolohe@Maili Pt, Ka'ena&Temp402@KPB

At 0633 I found what would prove to be Buster (RV08) doing 6 minute dives at Blowhole. When he failed to come up for 3 dives, I began looking at Sandy Beach. Sure enough, at 0723 Buster hauled out to the far east end of SB. I cordoned him off, and though he moved a bit to the sewer outfall rocks, he remains. Buster was gone at 1930. 

When I got to Makai Pier at 0723 I found a molting Sadie (RB12)out on the left rock flats, and Pua (RF34) on the beach at the far left end. Sadie’s molt is around 10%. She may well have begun yesterday. Since I didn’t see her until dark yesterday, I may well have missed something. On my afternoon check at 1500 both were still there. Sadie’s molt appeared more like 15%. 

At 1346 Gayle found Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls. 

At 0629 Team Billand reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point

The highlight of the day came with a call from the Billands, reporting Makaiwi (R4DE) & RIP (RR70) together at Waikomo’s on the west side. She had last been reported in Kona on 6-3-14 .

Posse member Ken Tingman saw RL42 at KP yesterday, showing off her new N20 bleach. 

Mark Sullivan checked in to advise that they had seen Ka’ena (RO40) & Temp402 (Squinty) at Ka’ena Point. Mark got an N99 bleach on him. 

 Sadie 
buster
 sandy buster at sandy's beach
 Kaiwi
Kolohe 
 rl42 
 temp 402 squinty


No comments: