Saturday, July 12, 2014

7-11-2014 DB's Dailies: Kea&Buster@BH, Buster@SB, Kainoa&Pua@RI, Kolohe@Maili Pt, Haupu@Nimitz Jetty, Makaiwi@Makaha

At 0814, at the Blowhole Lookout I thought it likely that I had two animals foraging. Sure enough at 0838 what proved to be Kea (RF34) & Buster (RV08) hauled out to the cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. They were quite the hit with the tour bus masses.

 At 1024 I found Kainoa (RN04) at the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island. I’m quite sure that he was yesterday’s U/U . They would remain all day, and were the only visible RI residents.

 At 1107 my Sandy Beach life guard posse called to advise that an animal was swimming the shallows at the east end of SB. When I arrived at 1118 I found Buster (RV08) just beginning to haul out. I cordoned him off, and he remains. Gayle advised that Buster departed at 1851.

 At 0646 Team Billand reported Kolohe (RW22) at Maili Point. He departed at 1245

 At 0741 they found Haupu (RB24) at Nimitz Jetty. Too many people . Diane T reported her departure at 1225.

 At 0940 the Billands reported Makaiwi (R4DF) at Makaha. Thank you to Debbie for dealing with the usual impossible situation, and to Trish for the early morning visitor shot. She would depart at 1350.

Buster 
 buster shake and bake
 Buster and Kea at Blow Hole 
 One year old Kea
Haupu at nimitz jetty
 showing off her belly
 Kolohe at Maili
 Maka'iwi at Makaha
 hmmm an entire beach... let me pull up my surfboard next to the seal
 no words...

No comments: