Saturday, June 7, 2014

6/6/2014 DB's Dailies: Duke@SC, Kainoa&Pua@RI, Haupu@Pokai Bay

My first run through the SE quadrant was a bust but at 0820 a call from Gayle got the day started. She reported what she thought was Duke at Spitting Cave. I confirmed her Duke (RA12) ID, by tag.  I thought he had been run off by 3 divers at 0838, however he returned about an hour after the morons left. 

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1047 I found Kainoa (RN04) fronting Left Greenery on Rabbit Island.

At 1058, on a routine pan, I found Pua (RF34) nearly hauled out to the left end rock flats.

Morning email from Colleen advised that on her 0700 check of Kaimana Beach, she found only wallow. Rocky(RH58) had departed, but she felt the departure had been recent. I’ve gotten no further Rocky word today. 

Ocean Safety called at 0838 with the report of an animal at Pokai Bay. They said she was being bothered by too many people, too close. Volunteer Debbie confirmed the Haupu (RB24) ID. The Billand also confirmed the Haupu ID. Photos received from new volunteers Mike,Sean&Tanya Fitzgerald also confirmed the Haupu ID. Thanks guys....... Ya’ Done Good !!!

Kainoa
 Pua
 Duke at Spitting Cave 
 Haupua at Pokai Bay
 She's getting big!

No comments: