Wednesday, June 25, 2014

6/25/2014 DB's Dailies: Buster@SB, Pua@RI, Kaiwi@CW, Luana@Hidden Beach

Despite a lot of lookin’ I wouldn’t connect with my first critter until 0956. Ocean Safety called reporting a new arrival to the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1008 I found Buster (RV08) waiting for me. I cordoned him off and he has remained the rest of the day. Gayle called at 1820 to advise that Buster had departed.

 Dana called at 0730 to advise that T990 had been gone on the 0620 check.

 At 1203 Melanie called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at China Walls.

 On my 3rd look at Rabbit Island at 1306 I finally found a critter. Pua (RF34) was just hauling out of Seal Rock Inlet on RI.

 Team Billand responded to a L#1, KoOlina call at 1224, but found nobody. They got another call about somebody at L#4. Once again the animal was gone.

 The highlight of the day came at 1342 with a call from Diane Gabriel, advising that Luana (RN58) had been found and captured at Hidden Beach, KP, and that NOAA personnel had successfully removed a hook from the right corner of her mouth. Mahalos to Tracy,Mark,Angie,Lesley&Diane. Grrrrreat work !!!!
Pua
 Buster.... this is a great shot.... looks like a painting 
 Kaiwi at China Walls
  tucked away
 Luana got snagged again 
 big hook little seal.... geesh Luana I hope there was a good fish attached to that.... this is NOT what your mother taught you.
 expression on Luana's face -  OH Crap not you two again! 
 hmmmm must have been a bad dream
 nope it's the real deal.... big hook

No comments: