Friday, June 13, 2014

6/11/2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@BH&SB, Duke@SC, Kaiwi@KK, Buster@SB, Aukai&RIP@RI, Haupu@Nanakai Bch, Luana@Mokuleia, Right Spot@ Sunset, Meli@TB,

At 0630 I found Kea (RN46) in the small cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. Marilyn called at 0743 to report that Kea wa departing.

 At 0827 Gayle called with the report of an animal at Spitting Cave. We would confirm the Duke (RA12) ID, by tag at 0845.

 At 0949 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at the Kokee Flats , Portlock. ID was by RK96 tag.

 At 1053 Gayle called with the report of an adult sized animal at Eternity Beach. The animal would depart at 1054. She thought it was probably Buster but ??????

 At 1055 on a routine check I found a just arriving Kea (RN46) at Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off. Gayle would report him gone at 1640.

 After dealing with Kea, I returned to the Blowhole Lookout, and at 1137 I observed what would prove to be Buster (RV08) hauling out fronting the “Gas Chambers” break at the west end of SB. I drove down and cordoned him off. Gayle reported him gone at 1652.

 When I finally got back to Makai Pier for my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 1215, I found Aukai (RL12)&RIP (RR70) together, 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet on RI. Speaking of Aukai...... Happy Birthday Aukai !!! She turns 2 years old today.

 Team Billand advised of a call about an U/U at Nanakai Beach at 1133. Volunteer Debbie responded and confirmed the Haupu (rB24) ID. The Billands confirmed. Per Debbie, Haupu would depart at 1500.

 At 1250 Dana called to advise that Luana was released at Mokuleia. https://www.facebook.com/HMSRP 

Also at 1250 Dana advised that Right Spot (R016) was at Sunset Beach today.

 Karen Turner found Meli (RF20) at the Elbow, Kaihalulu Beach, Turtle Bay.

 Kimo Smith did the KP trek today and found Kerby & RK36 at the end of the world.

Aukai and Rip
duke
happy birthday aukai
kaiwi 
kea

1 comment:

madhatter said...

Ha love Kea's curly whiskers!