Saturday, June 14, 2014

6-13-2014 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH&SB, Kea@SB, Duke@SC, Aukai,RIP,Kainoa,Kolohe&Pua@RI, M&M@WP, RK36@Camp Erdman

At 0715 I found Buster (RV08) doing 5 minute dives at Blowhole.

At 0742 Gayle called to advise that Kea (RN46) was at Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. I responded and we cordoned him off. He departed at approximate 1630.c

At 0827 Gayle called again with the report of an animal foraging at Spitting Cave. When I got there at 0840, the Duke (RA12) ID was confirmed by RA12 tag.

At 1004 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal newly arrived at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1010 I confirmed the Buster ID, by tag and cordoned him off. He departed at 1820. Thanks to Gayle & Marilyn for pickin’ up da’ stuffs.

At 1153 on my 2nd look at Rabbit Island, I found Aukai (RL12), RIP (RR70) & Kainoa at Seal Rock Inlet and Kolohe (RW22) on the left end rock flats. He would be joined by Pua (RF34) at 1209.

At 0755 Team Billand reported M&M (R020) hauling out fronting #1707/08 at White Plains. It sounded like a typical Zoo day at WP.  Team Billand and Diane T.... had a long long frustrating day.  A little sun burnt and overwhelmed by the usual insanity! I want to also mention Charles Weaver making out to the site late in day to help out. Mahalo to all of you for hanging out in the hot sun!

Late afternoon email from Kimo Smith brought shots of his find of RK36 at Camp Erdman today.

 Duke at Spitting Cave
  Pua and Kolohe
 Kea resting at Sandys
 Buster at Sandy's Beach
 MM at white plains
she has such a sweet face... expressive eyes
RK36 & friend at camp erdman (tony is that you?)

1 comment:

Tony said...

Yeah that's me. There was an initial report that it was Luana but Kimo and I confirmed it was 4DJ (RK36) instead.