Sunday, June 29, 2014

6-28-2014 DB's Dailies: Kea@BH, Aukai&U/U@RI, Buster@SB, Kaiwi@LL, Rocky&Pup@Kauai, Temp402,Ka'ena&RIP@KP

At 0620 I found Kea (RN46) waiting for me in the small cove on the Sandy Beach side of the Blowhole Lookout. This was D#3 of this stay .

 On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island I found Aukai (RL12) fronting 3BS. Later at 1119 I found an U/U , partially visible on the left end rock flats. I was never able to get an ID. Maybe tomorrow ???

 At 1418 posse member Pili called to advise that an animal was trying to haul out at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1425 Buster had successfully hauled out amongst the masses. I cordoned him off, and he remains.  Marilyn did the late check. Buster was goin’ nowhere. She picked up the rope and left the signs.

 At 1503 posse member Ann called to advise of a report of an animal on the flats to the east of Lanai Lookout. When I arrived at 1514 I found Kaiwi (RK96).

 Dana called at 0937 with a report of an animal at Bathtub Beach, Laie. No further info.

 Marilyn, Lesley & Ken did the Ka’ena Point trek today. Marilyn called at 1017 with the report of Temp402 (Squinty), Ka’ena (RO40), and RIP (RR70) at the end of the world.

 The highlight of the day came at 1045 with a call from Tracy, confirming that Rocky (RH58) had pupped this morning on Kauai.

aukai and all the birdies
 Buster brown okay sandy buster
 Kaiwi
 
 Kea
  Ka'ena 
 rip
temp 402
 Temp 402 "squinty"   looks like this might be something going on the left eye - cataracts? - injury?

No comments: