Wednesday, June 25, 2014

6-24-2014 DB's Dailies: Kainoa&Pua@RI, Buster@SB, T990@Waikiki, Benny@KoOlina, Luana w/new hook Hidden BeachBen

On my 2nd look at Rabbit Island at 0920 I found Kainoa (RN04), 80 ft right of 3BS.

 At 1045 I found Pua (RF34) just hauling out at Seal Rock Inlet, RI. They were the RI cast for today. 

At 1205 Ocean Safety called with the report of an animal at the east end of Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1213 I found Buster (RV08) down in a man made hole. I cordoned him off, and he remained until the rising tide began to fill up his hole. He then relocated 30 ft east of that location, outside the SPZ. I had to redo his SPZ at 1355. We picked up the stuff at 1917. Witnesses advised he had just departed, of his own volition.

 At 0830 Ocean Safety called with the report of an at at 2E in Waikiki. I notified Dana, and she called back at 0857 with the report of the 4DV ID. This is T990 (aka 4DV), who was last seen at the Kahala Hilton on 6-15-14. He is one of the ol’ dudes from Laysan who has been a Molokai guy for the most part. Dana advised that he was still there at dark. Thanks to all who responded and especially to Karen R & Melanie for the ID shots.

 Dana called at 1350 with a report of Luana with a new hook, up north. Diane G responded but did not see her. It is said to be a large hook, in her lip. Much of the line was cut away.

Team Billand called at 0945 to advise that White Plains was being closed due to multiple shark sightings. The sirens were blaring as we spoke. The place went from the usual zoo to a ghost town in minutes according the to Billands.

 At 1719 the Billands found Benny (RE74) at Lani’s, KoOlina.

 I found a piece of YouTube footage this morning taken my Liezl Roxas, who was out on the Lanai Lookout flats as one of diver posse member Paul Hasley’s dive group who were readying to make entry on the day that Kaiwi, Kolohe Duke were on Buster Flats (6-21-14) just when Duke arrived and this happened.


 This afternoon I came across another piece of YouTube footage showing Right Spot galumphing down the beach toward the water. My guess is Sunset, but I’m not sure.

peek a boo - Buster I see you
and now they all see you
Kainoa  
 Pua
T990 - hanging out Waikiki 
  Benny at Ko Olina
 WHITE PLAINS - da people 
 land shark :-)
 his job just for easy for the day
well this is one way to keep people away from the seals

No comments: