Wednesday, June 11, 2014

6-10-2014 DB's Dailies: Pua & U/U @ RI, Kaiwi @ CW, RI37 @ Paipaloa Rd., Haupu @ White Plains, Rocky @ Ewa Beach

Gayle called at 0809 with the report of what she believed to be Duke, once again at Spitting Cave. Based on her description I don’t doubt that for a moment, but unfortunately by the time I arrived at 0823 he was gone.

 At 0908 I found Kaiwi (RK96) snoozin’ in her favorite backyard at China Walls.

 When I got back to Makai Pier for my 2nd look at Rabbit Island I found what would be an U/U with 2 red tags, with it’s butt hangin’ over a ledge on the left end rock flats. Later in the day when it finally decided to move up with the rising tide, it was raining with nearly zero visibility so no ID was ever possible.

 At 1041 on a pan I found Pua (RF34) just hauling out fronting Left Greenery on RI.

 At 1000 Jeannie Martinson found RI37 at Paipaloa Rd, on the North Shore.

 It was 1430 before I got my first Team Billand call. After a day on the hunt they found Haupu (RB24) near the fence line, White Plains.

 The Ch#8 News cites a NOAA spokesman as saying that Luana was seen again today, but still no haul out.

 The Billands responded to a Dana call about an animal in Ewa Beach at 1745. They confirmed a larger than large Rocky (RH58) at Access #185C.

 Kekoa (RK72) turns 3 year old today. Happy Birthday Kekoa Alii !!!!

 The Billands are working late with Haupu so check the blog in the morning for their day.

Happy Birthday Kekoa  Alii  you're growing up sooooo fast.
  Kaiwi
 RI37

No comments: