Friday, June 20, 2014

6-20-2014 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH, Duke&RM38@RI, Ka'ena,RIP&Nihoa@KP

As usual of late my day began with cuppa’ coffee and Buster (RV08) doing his usual 5 minute dives at the Blowhole Lookout. I just knew there was another SB haul out in my future, but to my complete surprise Buster move way outside and began angling to the west at 0817. Neither I nor Gayle or Melanie saw him again today. Look out Billands ??

 On my 1st & 2nd Rabbit Island looks I found nothin’ but birds. A Kaiser appointment screwed up my mid day but at 1515 I got back to Makai Pier and found Duke (RA12) out on the left end flats of RI, and M38, 40 ft left of Seal Rock Inlet.

 At 1120 Team Billand called to advise that Runway Security dude, Darryl had called them with the report of a “small, very green animal” at the Reef Runway. The Billands arranged to get out there, however the animal was gone when they got there. My dollar is definitely on U’ilani, but ????? That was to be the only Billand find today.

 Vera Cober did the Luana hunt trek to Ka’ena Point, from the west side. She checked in at 1202 to advise, no Luana, however she did find Nihoa (R912) at the 15 minute mark on the west side KP trail, and Ka’ena (RO40) at the point.

 Diane Gabriel called at 1511 to advise that she had done her Luana trek from the Mokuleia side, and alas she too did not see Luana. At the point however, she found RIP (RR70) and Ka’ena (RO40) together. Her RIP find is really interesting for me because I just saw my #1 son going jaw to jaw with Buster at Sandy Beach yesterday morning. Today at 1511 the boy is at KP. Amazzzing !!!

 I told Diga about Vera’s find of Nihoa on the WS trail, and she advised that someone she talked with today who had come in from that direction advised that they had seen 2 animals at R912's location.

 M38 hanging out on Rabbit Island
 Ka'ena
 Nihoa R912 
 Ka'ena and Rip
 
 Ka'ena
 Rip

No comments: