Monday, November 4, 2013

11-4-2013 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi, U/M & U/F@RI, U/U@SC, Kea@SB, Irma@MB, Kermit@WSK, M&M@WP

The Rabbit Island cast was being difficult today , either hiding behind rocks or just not showing me what I needed to get a confirmed ID. There were 3 critters. The only sure thing was a 60% molted Kaiwi (RK96) at Right Middle Cliff.

I could barely see a male with 2 red tags and new coat behind the water front rocks of the Middle Cliff area. It was either Kolohe or Duke but ?????
 
At Seal Rock Inlet was a juvenile female with 2 tags and a new coat but she never showed me her all important right side so I don’t know for sure if it was Nani or Aukai ???

The unknowns are over yet. For the first time in a long time I actually found an animal doing 8 minute dives at Spitting Cave. I saw many ups but could never see any markers to give a a clue. It was a medium sized animal with 2 red tags, and a brand new coat. Kolohe & Duke are my best guesses.
 
Cianna was sent video footage taken by diver Hector Sequin Jr taken yesterday at Spitting Cave showing a definite Kolohe (RW22) there at around 1300.
 
At 1439 Gayle called with word that Kea (RN46) had hauled out to Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off and he was still there at dark.
 
Ocean Safety called at 1655 with the report of a newly arrived animal at the far right end of Makapuu Beach. It would prove to by Irma (R010). She was still there at dark.
 
Vera Cober called at 0920 with the report of Kermit (R012) at Wind Sock.
 
At 1050 she reported a newly arrived M&M to #1707 White Plains.
 
Both of these critters were later reported by Diane Gabriel with Karen Turner, and also Diane T.
 

In Karen Bane’s end of day summary there was word of Cianna having gotten a call about 2 animals behind the Colony Surf (the east end of Waikiki) last night around 2230. They were said to have departed around 0530 this morning. There was no ID info, but since my boy Buster was MIA today, I’d sure put my dollar on him and Rocky but ????????


 UU at spitting cave....  
 she''ssssss baaackkkk... LOL Irma is back to keep DB on his toes 
 Kaiwi
 Kermit at windsock
 mr. green
 MM at white plains

No comments: