Wednesday, November 13, 2013

11-13-13 DB's Dailies:

The waves in the SE quadrant were Crankin’ today. It was impossible to be at Makai Pier. My Lanai office was being regularly drenched by blasting white water off the breakwater. My limited RI observations were all done from Kaupo Beach Park. I found Kaiwi (RK96) fronting 3BS on RI at 0713, and rechecked through the day. She was the only RI resident today.
 
Despite many a mile covered by both Gayle and myself, it would be 1258 before I would encounter my next critter. We got us a new Dera !!! Dalyn called at called at 1258 with the report of an animal at Makapuu Beach. When I arrived at 1309 I found Irma (R010) snoozin’ at the base of the hill at Makapuu. I cordoned her off and she remains, at dark. Welcome aboard Dalyn!
 
Surfer posse member Mark called at 1440 with the report of an animal newly arrived to AD. When I arrived at 1445 I found Kea (RN46) galumphing across the water front rocks , moving in and out of tide pools as he moved relentlessly eastward. I followed him on his journey and at 1508 he finally hauled out fronting "the party tree", 300 yds east of the AD wall. There was no one around but I put out signs. Kea has been MIA for 4 days, so it was good to see his chubby little bod again, but I was hoping the AD part of his life was history. Wrong.........................again!! Well I wish we knew where he headed off to... but just happy he's back
 
Team Billand checked in at 0625 with the report of Kermit (R012) fronting #1707, White Plains.  He would depart at 1731.
 
At 1058 they called again with news that Eileen had reported Ewa Girl (RS00) at the Reef Runway.
 

At 1612 fisherman posse member Bob called with the report of "a baby seal" swimming and foraging in Kewalo Basin, as we spoke. He had reported what he is sure was the same animal , at the same location back on 9-29-13. Once again, no pictures but I’ve got a coupla’ cats on U’ilani for sure, since she has been there before, and was just down the road aways at Kaiser Rock Piles last night, just a few flipper flaps away.

 Irma looking pretty
 Kea returns! 
 little chubby boy resting after being absent for a couple of days 
 Kermit
 that's quite a pose
 on the move again.

2 comments:

madhatter said...


Glad to see that Kea has returned,isn't that the longest that he has been a no show? I have only been following this site for a few months now and look forward to reading and looking at the pictures every day.
Kermit continues to crack me up, the way he almost sits up to look around.

Donna said...

Madhatter

I am happy you continue to enjoy the blog.... and enjoying the cast of characters.... There are some days I still find myself laughing out loud at something these seals are up to. Of course there are many ohh and ahhs too. Thank you for your support and keep reading !!!
da blog lady