Sunday, November 17, 2013

11-17-2013 DB's Dailies: M38,Aukai,Kaiwi&Kainoa@RI, Kermit@WSK,Buster,M&M@KCG, Pohaku@Secrets, Benny@Maili Beach Park, U'lani@RR, Kerby&RL42@KP, U/U@MI

At 0718 I found what would prove to be RM38 at 2BS on Rabbit Island. He would enter the water at 0951, and haul out again to the far left end of the beach at 1135, where he remained the rest of the day.
 
Also at 0718 I found Aukai (RL12) at 3BS. She was also yesterday’s U/F.
 
At 0918 I found Kaiwi (RK96) newly arrived to the water front rocks at mid Middle Cliff on RI.
 
At 0941 Kainoa (RN04) hauled out to right Middle Cliff.
 
Team Billand reported Kermit (R012) at #1707, White Plains.
 
At 0750 they found Buster (RV08) and M&M (R020) together at "Al’s Bench, Kalaeloa Campgrounds.
 
Dana called at 0851 with the report of Pohaku (RO28) at Secrets, KoOlina.
 
Ocean Safety called at 0956 with the report of an U/U at Maili Beach Park. Team Billand confirmed the Benny (RE74) ID at 1054.
 
The Billands advised that Eileen had called to report U’ilani (RN36) at the Reef Runway at 1200.
 
At 1224 Barbara called with the report of Kerby (RW08)& RL42 together at the 20 minute mark on the Waianae side Ka’ena Point trail.
 
At 1235 Lesley called to advise that she had received hotline photos of an animal at North Beach, MCBH, from Nikole Vargas taken yesterday around 1730. I saw the photos and it is most certainly Irma (R010). Since the photos are in Facebook and not available to me, Lesley will add them to the blog. This marks the first time that Irma has ever been reported on the east side of Oahu, beyond Kaupo Beach Park. Obviously, the MCBH haul out would also be a first.
 
Cianna called at 1451 reporting a caller seeing an U/U at Ka’ena Pt. Awaiting photos.
 
Also at 1451 Cianna also advised of a call about an U/U in the trough at Magic Island. Awaiting further word.
 

At 1607 Cianna called again with word of an U/U "swimming head" sighted off shore of Lanikai, headed toward Waimanalo. Awaiting further word.


 Benny at Maili Beach 
 Buster at Kalaeloa
 Buster and MM
 the two of them making tracks
 MM
 Kermit at white plains
 who's out there?
 Kerby at Ka'ena Point
 RL42 looking like a mermaid

6 comments:

barbara said...

Top of the morning to ya!

A FEW CORRECTIONS.....

PHOTO #9..ITS M and M at Kalaeloa.

Photo #14..Thats Kerby WITH L42 together.

Lastly, Photo #17 and #18 are of: L42.

Appreciate it.

Have a safe and healthy day all.



Donna said...

awww phooey! I blew it again :-)
Sorry Barb... sometimes I get confused when there are so many photos and they download in a different order ....
da blog lady

barbara said...

No worries Blog Lady....its cool.

Sorry, sometimes I get excited to find seals in their own settings, I know I send TOO MANY PHOTOS.

I am trying to show folks, JUST HOW SPECIAL THEY ARE.

I take all the photos I can, as we never know when one seal will be gone, they really do suffer daily.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I IDed R010 "Irma" on Nikole's photos I forwarded the link to DB & to the blog.
Aloha, Lesley

Social Media Services said...

Wow for an artist like me, that picture was a treat. The transition in the blue that is seen in the ocean is superb.

I believe those seals are resting :-) Very nice

Fire Safety Tips said...

Excellent blog. Keep up the blog. I am going to follow this blog.