Tuesday, November 19, 2013

11-19-2013 DB's Dailies: RM38,Kaiwi, Kainoa&Aukai@RI, Kea@SB, Rocky@KK, Pohaku@Secrets, Kermit@WP

At 0655 I found RM38 snoozin’ in the Morning Glory 10 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island.
 
At 0739 I found Aukai (RL12) at Right Middle Cliff on RI. She would later relocated to Seal Rock Inlet.
 
At 0742 I became aware of 2 "swimming heads" playing off shore of the Middle Cliff area. During this activity I was able to glimpse Kaiwi’s (RK96) RHF natural bleach, and Kainoa’s (RN04) N04 bleach. I lost them at 0900, but got a glimpse of Kaiwi’s head behind the water front rocks of mid Middle Cliff at 0928. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview at 1024 and from that location could see both Kaiwi & Kainoa at mid Middle Cliff. They were visible from only that location .
 
When I got back to Makai Pier in the afternoon, at 1336 I found that some of the cast had relocated. Kaiwi remained at mid Middle Cliff, but both Aukai & Kainoa were now together at Seal Rock Inlet. At Rocky Right Beach I found what I believed to be RM38. I was thrown for a bit when he presented his left side and I saw an L3...something bleach. I called Tracy and after some searching she found that somewhere along the line (probably a critter cam operation) the Bleach Boyz had given RM38 an L38 bleach. I had been unaware of that , and during the last 3 days that I’ve been observing him I had not seen the bleach. Thank you Tracy !!!
 
At 1043 on my umpteenth look at the Cove at Sandy Beach I found Kea snoozin’ on his favorite water front rocks. I cordoned him off and he remains.
 
At 1049 Gayle called with the report of Rocky (RH58) once again at Irma’s Grotto, Kokee Flats, Portlock. Linda Nichols had looked in the morning, and Marilyn had done the KK trek in the morning, but found nobody. Thank you Gayle !!!
 
Team Billand checked in at 0659 to advise that volunteer Linda had called them with the report of an animal at Secrets, KoOlina. At 0734 the Billands confirmed the Pohaku (RO28) ID. She was gone on their 1400 recheck.
 

At 1035 Team Billand found Kermit (R012) fronting #1707, White Plains.

 Kea resting all cozy on the rocks 
 Rocky at Kokee flats
 Kermit with his tail in the air
 hey who did that?
 oh never mind time to move on
 Pohaku at secrets

No comments: