Saturday, November 16, 2013

11-16-2013 DB's Dailies: Kaiwi,Sadie&U/F@RI, Kea@AD, Kermit@WSK, RIP@Maili Pt, Buster@WP, R912,Luana,RW02,RK36,Kerby&Ka'ena@KP, Haupu@Camp Erdman,

At 0709 I found Kaiwi (RK96)& another, smaller female, together at 3BS on Rabbit Island. Despite a full day of looking I was never able to confirm the ID on the U/F. My initial thought was Aukai, but I never saw her right side bleach. Later I was leaning more toward Nani, but I must end the day with an U/F call. Maybe tomorrow ????
 
At 0924 posse member Robert called with the report of an animal at AD. When I arrived at 0933 I found Kea (RN46) on the water front rocks, 75 ft east of the AD wall. I cordoned him off and he remained at dark.
 
When I got back to Makai Pier at 1014 I found that a 3rd animal had joined the cast at 3BS. It would take much of the day, but I finally saw a right side chest spot that said Sadie (RB12). I last saw her on RI on 7-3-13. It was Girl’s Day on RI. I last saw her on RI on 7-3-13.
 
At 0742 Team Billand reported that they were following a foraging animal westward through WP and KCG. At 0806 the reported that Kermit (R012) hauled out to Wind Sock.
 
Marilyn, Lesley, Kimo Lyman, Tia & Ken did the Ka’ena Pt trek today from the Mokuleia side. At 0848 they reported R912 at Hidden Beach, on the way in. At 1031 they reported RW02 near the runway, and RK36, Kerby (RW08) & Ka’ena (RO40) on the main beach. Last but not least they found Luana (RN58) on the back beach. On they way home they found Haupu (RB24) at Camp Erdman.
 
At 1411 Team Billand called with the report of RIP (RR70) at Maili Point.
 

The Billands began following Buster RV08) at 1430. At 1617 he finally hauled out fronting #1707, White Plains.

Kea 
 they are soooo sweet at this age
 Sadie, Kaiwi & u/f
 welcome home Sadie
 Hauupu at Camp Erdman
 Ka'ena and Kerby
 Ka'ena
  Kerby
Luana
 can you imagine her and Kea side by side.... 
 R912 Nihoa 
 RK36
 RW02
 

No comments: