Saturday, November 2, 2013

11-2-2013 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH&SB, Kainoa,Kaiwi,Nani,Duke&Kolohe@RI, Kea@SB

At 0621 I found Buster doing 10 minute dives at Blowhole. He was still there on my 0828 recheck. At 1010 I found him newly arrived to the east end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off.  Buster departed at 1743. Thank You Gayle !
 
At 0714 I found Kainoa (RN04) at 2BS on Rabbit Island. He would be gone on my 1045 recheck.
 
At 0717 on a pan I found a 10% molted Kaiwi (RK96) at Right Middle Cliff on Rabbit Island. On my 1052 recheck I found that she had been joined by Kolohe (RW22) and Duke (RA12).
 
On a pan at 1234 I found Nani (RK60) fronting 3BS on RI.
 
Gayle called at 1354 with the report of Kea (RN46) newly arrived to Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. I arrived at 1358 and cordoned him off. He remains.
 
At 0625 Team Billand called to advise that Linda Steton had reported Pohaku (RO28) at Secret Beach, KoOlina. The Billands confirmed the Pohaku ID at 1315. Their photos are depressing to see, and its routine behavior without volunteers
 
At 0648 the Billands reported M&M (R020) at #1707 , White Plains.
 
At 0748 they reported Kermit (R012) in foraging mode in the Nimitz Beach area.
 
AT 0904 they would report Ewa Girl (RS00) and Kermit at Wind Sock, at separate locations. Kermit would later move to a spot between the bunkers to the west of WSK. These shot too are a sad commentary on our fellow man. 
 
At 0840 posse member Jen Christian called to advise that hubby Jeff and found and photographed Right Spot (R016), once again at MCBH.
 
Marilyn, Tia & Lesley did the Ka’ena Point trek today. They would report Luana (RN58) at Hidden Beach on the way in and also reported having seen an animal at Camp Erdman. Thanks to Kimo Lyman for making the R912 find. On the way out they confirmed that it was a molting R912. At the point they found Ka’ena (RO40) & Kerby (RW08) together at the runway.
 

I got an interesting bit of news from Cianna at 1225. She advised that yesterday, scuba divers reported having been in the company of Kekoa (RK72), off shore of Kewalo Basin. ID was by tag.

Buster and his adoring fans
 Kea and his signature flipper 
Kolohe Kaiwi and Duke
 Right Spot showing off her signature white spot on her right side 
Ka'ena and Kerby
 Ka'ena
 Kerby
 Luana
 R912
 
 
 

No comments: