Sunday, November 3, 2013

11-3-2013 DB's Dailies: Buster@BH&SB, Kea@SB, Irma@HB&Irma's, Kainoa,Kaiwi&Nani@RI, M&M@WP, RW02&R912@ Mokuleia

At 0626 I found Buster (RV08) doing 10 minute dives at Blowhole.
 
At 0706 Hanauma Bay posse member Ann called with the report of an animal slowly cruising 3 ft off shore along the frontage of the bay. I observed from up top for awhile and went down to await a haul out that never came. At 0800 the animal began slowly toward the Cable Channel to the right side of HB, and then moved outside the reef approximately 150 ft, where it took up 7 minute dives. When I departed HB at 0839 that was still going on. I have no clue as to ID, but Irma would be at the tip top of my list ?????????? I got no further word from HB.
 
At 0907 I found Kaiwi (RK96) at Right Middle Cliff . I could not get a percentage today due to her positioning.
 
Also at 0907 I found Nani (RK60) fronting 3BS, and Kainoa (RN04) at mid Middle Cliff.
 
At 0930 posse member Teri called with the report of Buster (RV08) newly arrived to the east end of Sandy Beach. I cordoned him off . Gayle advised that Buster departed at 1730.
 
Melanie called at 1123 with the report of Kea (RN46) at Crappy Cove, Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1140 Melanie,Diane T and I cordoned him off. Kea was still there at dark.
 
Marilyn called from the cove at 1412 to advise that an adult seal was in the cove but did not haul out. I raced down in time to see it leaving and began following it’s travels toward Irma’s. I think the HB morning mystery is solved, for at 1439 Irma (R010) hauled out to the Kealahou traffic light at Irma’s. I cordoned her off . Irma remains at dark.
 
Cianna checked in at 0812 with the report of an animal fronting #1707 White Plains. With the Billands gone responses in that quadrant are going to be lacking. Forturnately Cianna was in Ewa Beach and went over to check on the animal. At 0835 she called to say that she was reasonably sure that it was M&M (R020). Cianna photos confirm M&M.
 
That was the extent of the critter reports from the W & SW quadrants, without the Billands. That cast of characters are going to have a tough week.
 
Cianna called again at 0857 with a report of an animal east of the Mokuleia birth beach. The caller saw a tag with a "W0...". The last number was worn away. That suggests RW02 to me. Karen Turner photos confirm RW02.
 
Cianna called again at 0915 with the report of a molting animal at Camp Erdman. Karen Turner photos confirm R912.
 

I got mail from my favorite Kauaian, Val Bloy with shots from today of KC (RK28) at Larsen’s on Kauai. Thank You........very much ! so good to have Val back... !!!
 
 UU (or Irma) at Hanauma
 Kea 
 KC resting comfortably on Kauai under the supervision of our very own Val
 Luana - thank you Karen T
 and Karen find R912 (Luana's momma)
AND... Karen spies RW02 too!
 Irma at Irmas


MM at white plains

No comments: