Sunday, March 31, 2013

3-31-2013 DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup(D#18), U/M@RI, RIP@SC, Benny@Makaha,Noa&Kerby@Maili Pt


Happy Easter to All ! At 0657 I found Sadie & Pup (D#18), doing a feed in the Morning Glory, 40 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. It would prove to be the last time I saw them, in full view until they hauled out for another feed at 1349. The intervening hours were spent out amongst the rocks at the Waimanalo end of RI. I'm sure there are water sessions going on that I just can't see, and I got glimpses of them hauled out to the rocks near the water through the day, but it was only partially visible.

At 0921 on a pan I found an U/M with 2 red tags, out on the right end rock flats, 200 ft right of RRB, on RI. I was never able to get an ID on this male. I believe in my little bald heart that it was most probably Buster, since he has been out there lately, but he just never allowed me a chance to confirm that belief. As the tide began to rise at 1412 he moved up behind rocks, and there was no hope of getting an ID . Tomorrow ????

At 1020 posse member Susan called to report an animal at SC. There had been no one there on our earlier check. Marilyn responded and took lots of photos. Those shots confirm RIP (RR70). He had last been seen at WP on 3-27-13. His last visit to this side came on 6-28-12. It's nice to have my first born son back home.

Team Billand reported a foraging Kermit (R012) off shore of the Nimitz Jetty at 0840, but on their 1100 recheck he was no longer there, and was not reported again today.
At 0939 the Billands reported Benny (RE74) at the Makaha Princess Condos.

The Billands found Noa (R6FI) and Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.

I recieved no other reports today.

Sadie and Pup Day 18 .... time is flying by
 Rip at Spitting Cave 
 
 Benny at Makaha 
 Noa and Kerby @ Maili Point

No comments: