Saturday, March 30, 2013

3-30-2013: DB's Dailies: Sadie&Pup(D#17),RM38&Kolohe@RI, Kaiwi@SC, M&M@WP, UU@PC, Kermit@KR, Ka'ena,Noa&Kerby@KP


At 0652 I found Sadie&Pup(D#17) in the Morning Glory, 30 ft left of 1BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to the pier at 0814 they had moved out amongst the rocks at the Waimanalo end of the island, and I was only able to get the occasional glimpse of one or both through the entire day. They hauled out, 80 ft out on the left end rock flats for a feed at 1214. It was to be my only decent look at them for the day.

At 0700 I found what would prove to be RM38, and Kolohe (RW22) together up in the Morning Glory, fronting 1BS, on RI. When I got back at 0814, Kolohe had moved to the water front rocks of Rocky Right Beach, where he remained all day . M38 would remain at 1BS until his departure at 1207.

At 1309, Spitting Cave posse person, Christian called with the report of "N19" to the right of the big rock. When I arrived at 1340 I confirmed the Kaiwi (RK96) ID, doing 6 minute dives.

At 1029 Vera Cober called with the report of an animal fronting #1708, White Plains. She confirmed the M&M ID, but N23 bleach at 1150.

At 1032 Dana called with the report of an animal at Paradise Cove. Pohaku would be my guess, but I've received no further confirmation. photos from Sue Rakes sent in later, see next post.

At 1105 Vera called with the report of Kermit (R012) at Kermit's Reef. ID was by his N4 bleach. Dana calledat 1728 to advise that Kermit had relocated to Nimitz Cottages.

Marilyn checked in from the end of the world at 1109 reporting that she,Lesley,Ken, et.al., had found Ka'ena (RO40), Noa (R6FI)&Kerby (RW08), all together on the same rock at Ka'ena Point.
Ka'ena, Noa and Kerby
Noa
Kermit
M+M, she's not looking so big in this photo....

No comments: