Tuesday, May 29, 2012

More Rocky and Pup Pics

Thank you Kim for sending some Rocky and Pup pictures.... so nice to see Momma Rocky being a good mom. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and sending them on to post in the blog.  
Okay bloggers - lots of oooohhh and ahhs!
Oh... and I also received this link to a story in the The Garden Isle ...... it was written by a volunteer on Kauai, but more than that a long time resident.... I personally thought it was a good article, and answers a lot of questions.  http://thegardenisland.com/news/opinion/guest/an-informal-history-of-monk-seals/article_34963726-9d9d-11e1-9bfc-0019bb2963f4.html


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed LLoyd Miyashiros article very much.

My family and I moved to the Leeward coast in 1976 and we used to go to the beach every day. Back then we saw seals hauling out on Maili beach all the time and we would go to view them along with other neighbors.

We took photos, but in those days it was film cameras, and you had to develop all photos. We did notice the seals came alot in January, Feb, March and April. Our winter months. They were harrassed back then also, folks would put up a few signs but people didnt listen, as usual. I got some shots of seals, I never was able to id or anything. I also sent in the photos to NOAA, they didnt know any of the seals back then also.

So I guess they been coming and nobody noticed or cared. But look at the Volunteers now on other Islands, trying their best to care for our beloved Monks.

Thanks Lloyd, for researching all this stuff, it was facinating to read about.

God bless in what you do for all our seals...flipper hugs to you and your wife.

B