Tuesday, May 15, 2012

5-15-2012 DB's Dailies: U/M & UU@RI, Kaiwi@TBL, Noa&Kerby@Maili Pt


At 0633 I found a partially visible animal behind the water front rocks of Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. That would remain the case all day. I saw 2 red tags, and a male belly, but that was about it. My Monachus Gene says M38, but I can not prove it.

At 1151 I became aware of a swimming head off shore of Rabbit Island. The animal would eventually haul out to the the Unknowns location. I had maybe 3 seconds to view the animal at haul out. It appeared to be a short, stocky critter that must be carried as an U/U. A quick bark from the U/M animal sent the new arrival back into the water, behind the rocks, and I did not see it again .
Unfortunately I had to depart Makai Pier right after that, to meet Tracy and Shawn aty Hanauma Bay. When I got back to MP at 1456 only the U/M was partially visible through the end of the day.

At 1151 Jody at Hanauma Bay, called to advise that their security guard at Toilet Bowl had reported "N19" at that location. I met Tracy and Shawn at HB and we trekked down to Toilet Bowl. to find Kaiwi (RK96) on the west side rock flats. They immediately deemed the location as a no way for a capture. No line was visible around her mouth.

Team Billand checked in at 0900 to report Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point.

At 0930 they called again to advise that Noa (R6FI) had arrived to join Kerby for the day.

 Kaiwi at Toilet Bowl.
 Good News seems there isn't a line attached to her... let's hope she got rid of anything that was attached to it.
 U/M on Rabbit Island 
 Unidentified Female relaxing in Laie
 Kerby @ Maili Point... this has become his home away from home
 A little head dunk
 holding his breath
 coming up for air
 Noa looking for his buddy
 hey there he is
 Kerby Kerby over here
 okay I'll be right there
 Two buddies hanging out
 happy to see ya

No comments: