Friday, May 11, 2012

5-11-2012 DB Dailies


When Makaiwi showed up at San Souci yesterday, I knew she would be in my life today. Where, was the question. The answer came at 0557 when I found her waiting for me at Sandy Beach. I cordoned her off, and with Elfin help she remained all day. Makaiwi departed, of her own volition, with the rising tide at 1836.

At 0725 I found Kaiwi (RK96) doing 6 minute dives at Spitting Cave. I last saw her at 0759. Despite lots of lookin' by the Elves and myself, we did not see her again today.
While at Spitting Cave, an U/U did a swim through, heading more into the bay, and later swam by going back out around the point. No ID was possible. I can tell you who it wasn't,but not who it was.

At 0907 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me at Irma's Grotto, at the end of the Kokee Flats, Portlock. She has been a no show since her Waikiki stint, but she out here now.

At 1235 on my 3rd look at Rabbit Island, I found Buster (RV08) just hauling out, 60 ft left of 1BS.
Team Billand checked in at 0856 with the report of Kerby (RW08)& Noa (R6FI) at Maili Point.

Vera Cober did the Ka'ena Point trek, with BBC film crew in tow, and reported RIP (RR70) and his baby brother Ka'ena (RO40) at the end of the world.

At 1030 Judy&Paul Nelson reported RI37 at Crozier Dr, Mokuleia.

 Ms. Maka'iwi @ Sandy's Beach
 and here she goes
 Looking up over here
 and looking back there!  
 playing in the ocean sand puddle!
 Kaiwi @ Spitting Cave 
 Mama Irma @ Irma's Grotto 
 Buster @ Rabbit Island
 Kerby @ Maili
 Kerby looking healthy 
 Kerby looking like a little bruiser...
 white water bath
 going off the deep end
 Noa with a weird pattern on his head... (dry and wet fur)
 Kerby and Noa
 Noa 
 Vera trekked out to Ka'ena Point 
 BBC film crew
 Ka'ena @ Ka'ena Point
 RIP @ Ka'ena Point with brother Ka'ena

1 comment:

Diga said...

Now Irma...that looks like a much better spot than Waikiki. Please stay there! Your friend, Diane