Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5-23-2012 DB's Dailies:


In the early morning, crappy light I found an adult sized animal on Rabbit Island, but alas no ID was possible. It was gone when I got back. I Hate Unknowns !

At 0731 I found Kaiwi (RK96) doing 6 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

As Gayle and I were watching, Kolohe (RW22) suddenly appeared. He and Kaiwi was roaming all over the place, and you never knew where they might pop up. They appeared to have departed around the point at around 0816.
At 1043 posse member Gayle called to advise that Kaiwi was now at her favorite cave at Lanai Lookout. The Elves were on it ! Posse member Teri called to report that Kaiwi was gone at 1530. Probably washed off by the tide.

When I got back to Makai Pier for my 3rd check of the day,at 1425, I found Nani (RK60) all alone on the island, at Right Middle Cliff.

Posse member Kathy called at 1610 to report an animal at Spitting Cave. When I arrived at 1625 I found Kolohe (RW22) doing 8-9 minute dives.

Dana called at 0659 with the report of an animal at Diamond Head. Mary Colleen would confirm the Irma ID at 1016. She has remained all day.

At 0818 Team Billand reported Kerby (RW08) at Maili Point. He has remained all day

Dana reported a Kualoa animal at 1008. I never got further word.

Also at 1008 Dana reported an animal at Paradise Cove. As with the Kualoa animal, she apparently could not find a responder. Team Billand checked in at 1518 to advise that the animal was Benny (RE74). Benny departed at 1630.

At 1146 Dana called with word that "N6" (Right Spot /R016) was reported at Sunset Beach.

At 1202 Dana called again with a report of "N31" (La'akea/ RK82) at Right Spot's Spot, Turtle Bay.

Dana reported an animal at Lagoon#1, KoOlina at 1230. I got no further word until the Billands checked in at 1518 to advise that they had just arrived and the animal was gone

 Kaiwi and Kolohe @ Spitting Cave 
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout 
Nani @ Rabbit Island 
 Kerby @ Maili
 Kerby looking very handsome
 Benny @ Paradise Cove
 Okay leave it to Benny to give new meaning to "high tailing it out of here"

No comments: