Monday, May 14, 2012

5-14-2012 DB's Update

At 0738 posse member Pili called with the report of an animal on the beach at Irma's. When I arrived at 0741 I found Irma (R010) waiting for me. I cordoned her off and she has remained all day. Irma departed at 1940. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.

Posse member Kimo called at 0739, to report that "N21" (Buster) had swum through Spitting Cave, going around the point, and was not see again today.
At 1017 posse member Gayle called with the report of Kaiwi (RK96) at her Lanai Lookout, cave hangout. I did two checks of the girl through the day, and the Elves were on it all day. She departed at 1403 when the tide got to her.

At 1247 I found Kolohe (RW22) all alone at Rabbit Island.

At 1330 posse member Pili called again from Irma's to advise that 2 U/Us had swum by in the shallows at Irma's , heading in an easterly direction. When I got there at 1341 I found nobody. Pili could only say that one was bigger than the other.

Circumstantial though it might be, when I got back to Maikai Pier at 1500, I found what would prove to be M38, and a J/M just hauling out at Kolohe's location, at Seal Rock Inlet. I'm thinkin' those were the Irma's animals, but ???. Kolohe and M38 had words, and all cast members moved out of my line of sight for a while. At 1519 M38 hauled out to Rocky Right Beach. I relocated to the Makapuu Overview and could see Kolohe and the U/M to the right of SRI, and M38 at RRB.

Hopefully, tomorrow will provide more information, but I'm guessing that maybe M38 brought a Molokai youngster with him this trip. We don't have any J/Ms on Oahu (without transmitters) so we'll just have to wait for more info.

Team Billand called at 0822 to report animals foraging off shore of Maili Point. At 0924 Kerby (RW08) was the first to haul out, followed at 1104 by Kermit (R012), and later Noa (R6FI).
A parting note. Kolohe turned 4 today.

Big Momma Irma @ Irmas
 
 Big Momma's youngest Kaiwi at Lanai Lookout
 
 Kolohe @ Rabbit Island
 Kolohe M38 and U/M
 Kolohe looks like he is battling with one of the shearwaters - M38 and U/M somewhere in the photo
 M38 and U/M
 M38

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Ho Ilona (KP2), Kolohe, Kerby...and love to our beloved HOKU who would have been four as well. God bless you all...B