Wednesday, May 9, 2012

5-9-2012 DB's Dailies: Mojo@MB&RI, Kaiwi@LL, M&M@GR, RIP,Noa&Kerby@Maili


While talking with my pal, DOCARE Officer Ken, along the roadside above Makapuu Beach, I chanced to see a swimming head in the near shore shallows , swimming from west to east. A quick look with the binos showed a natural bleach, top left side of the head, which confirmed the Mojo (RI17) ID. He did a partial haul out at the east end of the beach, did a few head bobs and then returned to the water. He was obviously in hunting for chicks mode. I tried to follow him along the rocks of Kaupo Beach Park, but lost him.

I proceeded to Makai Pier for my usual Rabbit Island check. At 0944 what would prove to be Mojo, hauled out the the far left end of the beach.

Since I was in search mode for Kaiwi I departed the pier at 1030. When I got back at 1420 Mojo was gone.
At 1130 I found Kaiwi (RK96) right where she has been of late, in the small inlet on the west side of Lanai Lookout. I called the office, and Tracy, along with Shawn Farry, responded. They attempted to get a look into her mouth and down her throat, with only limited success. There appears to be 2 pieces of line coming from the left side of her mouth. A capture will once again be in her immediate future. It was not possible on the rocks surface today at Lanai Lookout. Kaiwi departed at 1241. Posse member Patrick called at 1830 to advise that Kaiwi was at Spitting Cave.
At 0750 Team Billand reported M&M (R020), at Guard Rails Beach, Maili.

At 1434 the Billands found Noa (R6FI), RIP (RR70), and Kerby (RW08) together at Maili Point.

A Happy (bilated) Birthday to Duke (my 5th born son). He turned 3 on 5-7-12.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUKE!!
 Kaiwi @ Lanai Lookout
 
 Seems as though this little girl got hooked again. NOAA team is on alert and will attempt to check her out when it is safe to do so.
 M&M @ Guard rail beach Maili
 Blending in with her environment
 She's about at her big Momma size 
 Kerby and RIP having words boyz with be boyz
 Kerby looking out for RIP
 NOA and Kerby hanging out
 NOA and RIP ... RIP checking out the situation
NOA   
 RIP
 RIP rockstar

No comments: