Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12/22/2010 DB Dailies

From Makai Pier, at 0722 I found M38 to the right of IBS, and Buster along side Duke at Seal Rock Inlet, on Rabbit Island. All would remain there the entire day. Buster's D#10 molt is 35%. I neglected to mention yesterday that M38 is 100% molted.

Dera called at 1203 with the report of an animal at Makapuu. When I got down to the right end of the beach I found KC waiting for me. She had hauled out to Makapuu on 11-24/25-10, but since then has been back at her North Shore haunts. Her last known sighting was via a Flickr shot I found from 12-17-10 at Kahuku.

From the moment Dera called, my head was saying Irma.. Irma..Irma. I was surprised to see KC. As I was leaving Makapuu, Team Billand called at 1440 to advise that they were with Irma at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach. She had last been seen on 12-16-10 at Makapuu.
Word has it the Molokai Aunties were out there today hiking... Miss Val had a slippery day playing in the red mud.... however they spotted a couple of critters one being little A50 acting like a billy goat.  This little critter not only likes lounging on the rocks BUT he hauls out and climbs upward... Perhaps he related to billy goat gruff.
Buster and Duke
M38
KC
Irma
Great shot of Miss Irma

No comments: