Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12/28/2010 DB Dailies

At 0735 I found M38 up in the grass, 80 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit Island. When I got back to Makai Pier I found that the cast had increased. M38 was now up in the grass with Sadie, 100 ft right of 3BS, and a gang of three, Duke, Kolohe and Buster were high on the beach behind Seal Rock Inlet. M38 would later move over to join them. I never got a total look at Buster, so I'll hold off on a percentage for D#16. What I did see was clean.

At 1253, RIP hauled out 30 ft right of 1BS at the left end of the beach.

Despite many looks at Kaupo Beach Park through the day, it would be 1404 before I would find N27 tucked into the base of the Naupaka, on the pier end of the beach . There were never any calls about him. I've decided to call him Makana (Gift), since we met on Christmas Day on Rabbit Island. It seems right to me. He would depart at 1627.

Team Billand called at 0940 with the report of RO28 at Guard Rails, Maili Pt. At 1015 they found Kermit, fronting #1706 at White Plains.
At 1202 they reported Irma at Wind Sock, Kalaeloa Beach.

At 1750, responding to a Dera call, they found Benny at Makaha Beach. Dera called at 1025 with the report of R5AY at Laniakea Beach. The Honu folks were taking care of her.

M38, Duke, Kolohe and Buster
M38, Sadie, Duke, Kolohe and Buster
RIP
"Makana" N27

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Now this is what ya call ...... An ANGEL from Heaven. What an awesome find, so sweet. So innocent.