Monday, December 13, 2010

12/13/2010 DB Dailies

The day began at 0515 with a call from Sandy Beach posse member, Otto, reporting an animal at the east end of the beach. Just as I suspected, when I arrived at 0530 I found Irma right where I'd left her last night. I redid the cordon and continued on. On my 0745 recheck of SB, I found that Irma was gone. Witnesses said she had departed at 0730 , of her own volition. I picked up the stuff, and immediately relocated to Blowhole, at 0800, where I found Irma doing 11 minute dives. When I came back at 1250, Irma was no longer there. I did not see her again today.

At 0656, from Makai Pier, I found Buster and Sadie together, up in the grass, 30 ft right of 3BS on Rabbit
Island. They would later move down and remained there the rest of the day.
I'm happy to report that Buster has finally begun his molt. D#1, 1%.

At 1055, Sam moved into view at the left end of the beach. He had been invisible behind the dune , 40 ft left of 1BS.

Sam would be joined by Duke at at 1156. They would remain together the rest of the day.

On a pan at 1156 I found a newly hauled out Kolohe at Seal Rock Inlet at the right end of the beach. He
would remain there the rest of the day.

Team Billand called at 0903 with the report of RI37 at Tracks. They would find Kermit fronting #1707 at White Plains at 0942.

Dera called at 1253 with the report of an animal to the right of the path at Diamond Head. She had left a message with Colleen but had heard nothing back. I contacted Rachel at Colleen's house and she responded. At 1347 she confirmed the Rocky ID.

Team Billand made a late find at 1808, finding RO28 at Maili Pt.

Duke and Sam
Kolohe
 RI37
 RO28
 Kermit
It's not easy being green

No comments: