Friday, December 10, 2010

12/10/2010 DB Dailies

Out in the wild was a miserable place to be today. On my third attempt to actually see Rabbit Island, I found Kolohe snoozin' up in the grass, 60 ft right of 3BS. I'll spare you my photo attempts, but it was possible to see his right side natural bleach.

At 1033 a Makapuu lifeguard called to advise that an animal was just hauling out to the right end of the beach. When I arrived at 1045 I found Irma, and cordoned her off. With her movements over the last couple of days being generally moving west, I thought that she would be heading back to the SW Quadrant but... Wrong!...........Again !!! Irma was gone when I got to MB at 1830. I picked up the stuff and called it a day.

Dera called at 1146 to advise that Jeanie Martinson had found and cordoned off Right Spot at Rocky Point, on the North Shore.

Makaiwi had been sighted on the Big Island on 12-8-10, and had apparently gotten rid of her transmitter. Justin's photos arrived today.

Team Billand had a busy little day, but managed to find 2AW at Makaha late in the day. He is 100% molted.

The Team's day involved a heck of a lot of rope that they found floating near shore to the west of the Nimitz Jetty, near Kermit's Reef. It would have been a death sentence for any of our friends that frequent the location. Check the Blog in the morning for Barbara's comments. I will just say here that a lot of good hearts were involved in the pick up of the rope. Thank You.............Very Much !!!

Irma
2AW
4DF (Oahu Makaiwi) (Kauai's Makalani) - This girl is adored by many throughout the island chain.

No comments: