Sunday, December 26, 2010

12/25/2010 DB Christmas Daily

I hope one and all had a Merry Christmas ! The day began at 0630, and the Rabbit Island cast for today would include Sadie, Kolohe Duke, Sam, M38, and Buster. Buster's D#13 molt is 75%. As an extra added treat, though it drove me insane all day, was what I will have to call an U/U. I think I saw a male belly, and I think I saw a red tag, but I'd like to be way more certain of that, so I will hold off commiting myself and hope for another chance tomorrow. Since the viewing conditions were hideous I'm unsure. What I can say is that it was a small animal, possibly a "T" from this year. It looked alot like Sam, with the same medium old coat, and the same size. My guess would be that it was maybe one of Val and Diane's gang, but of course I have nothing whatsoever to base that one. I saw no markers or bleaches, and no evidence of transmitter. I really have no clue.

We found no other critters in the SE quadrant.

There were really big waves at RI today, with lots, and lots of surfers, and many kayaks, boats and other vessels. Everybody was cool until late afternoon, when first one...then another, and then yet another kayak, with a total of 5 guys, landed. All just went to surf, and did not interact with any of the 7 critters. DOCARE doesn't work holidays...Bad guys DO !!!
Team Billand also had a busy little day. The found Kermit fronting #1708 at White Plains at 0851. They would next report that Benny had hauled out to join Kermit at 1105. They naturally had a few words, but then settled down to a hard day of snoozin' amongst the hordes.

At 1545 they found RO28 once again at her usual haunt at Maili Point.

At 1620 Rocky was found at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz jetty.  (the hour is late... and I may have screwed up the photo labels..)

Sadie
Unknown
Bad Guys
Rocky
RO28
Benny and Kermit "Da Boyz"
Benny

No comments: