Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12/7/2010 Dr. Frances Gulland Nominated for Key Adminstration Position

Sending a huge CONGRATULATIONS Dr. Frances of the Marine Mammal Center.... She has been nominated by President Obama to be a member of the Marine Mammal Council.  Please click on the following link:  http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2010/11/10/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts-11102010

We all know how much Dr. Frances has done for the Hawaiian monk seals and volunteers. It was through meeting her we started sending volunteers each year to the Marine Mammal Center for some hands on training.  Lets' hope all her hard work and passion will bring a lot more attention to the needs of the Hawaiian monk seals...   

da blog lady
donna festa
president. hmsrto.org

1 comment:

Barbara said...

We had the honor of meeting Dr. Frances Gulland during KP2's stay at the Kaneohe Marine Corp Base. At first I didnt know who she was, but there had been some video of her, and I thought, hey thats the lady in the video. And then, later, found out from Aubrey,who she was. Oh my gosh, some one so famous with seals. Rob and I were thrilled to meet her, we told her our observations of KP2 attacking a big TAKO. Then we also met up with her at the Marine Mammal Center of 09. She is brilliant, pretty, very compassionate, and she was the one person while at the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito, who came up to me while I was zoning out from all the work that day, sitting, just chilling. She asked, "Barbara, would you and RObert like to go on a RELEASE tomorrow at Point Reyes??? I wanted to jump and kiss her, hug her. YES!!!!! was my reply...OH MY GOSH!!! I told Rob and I made sure I told the others, THAT FRANCES GULLAND just told us we were going on a release with our seal elephants tomorrow. Of course, I did my happy dance, in private. She is an amazing woman..she deserves to be on that council!!! Congratulations Dr. Frances Gulland!!! And Again, IT WAS PURE MAGIC TO MEET YOU!!!! Also I want to thank her for coming to Hawaii to teach the folks how to raise and save our beloved KP2.."Ho Ailona".