Monday, December 6, 2010

12/6/2010 DB Dailies

I was batting zero until my 0709 check of Rabbit Island, from Makai Pier. I found Buster snoozin' up in the grass behind Seal Rock Inlet at the right end of the beach. He would later move down and remained there the rest of the day.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 0904 I found that Duke was now along side Buster . The spent the day together with no observed interaction.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1345 I found a newly arrived RIP, just hauling out to the water front rocks, 70 ft right of the other two. There was no observed interaction.

In between the above stated "back to" moments were Irma Quest journeys. She had not been there on my 1340 check, but was there on my 1435 trip. "There" is 300 ft east of the Kealahou traffic light, and the "she" is , of course, the lovely Miss Irma. I cordoned her off and she remains. I feel an overnighter coming . I picked up the rope at 1830. Irma remains.

Team Billand checked in at 0939 with the report of an 80% molted Benny at Tower #1, White Plains, with his buddy Kermit down the beach a ways, fronting #1706. Barbara called at 1700 to say that Kermit had departed, and that Benny was now totally under the lifeguard stand.

As a side note, I saw my first whale today....actually two whales, a big one and a smaller one (but not a new calf). I spotted them to the left of RI, and lost them as they passed Makapuu Point. Keith Kenyon said they had seen 2 at Ka'ena Point on yesterday's adventure.
Buster and Duke
RIP
Irma

No comments: