Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12/1/2010 DB Daily

The first order of business was to check Sandy Beach at 0600, and there I found Right Spot waiting for me, right where I'd left her last night. I redid the cordon, and she remained all day, departing of her own volition at 1803. This was the 3 day/2 night package.

The Rabbit Island crew for today was Sam to the left of 1BS, and Buster at the right end of the beach at Seal Rock Inlet. Both would move down and remained all day.

On my Spitting Cave check at 0816 I found Kolohe doing 6 minute dives.

Team Billand had a bumper croppa' critters at White Plains today. Firstly it was Benny at #1707 at 0758. Then later , at 0859 Ewa Girl hauled out further down the beach, fronting #1944. Lastly, Kermit chose to haul out with Benny, and of course they had words, but ultimately settled down.

In all the time I've known Benny he has always been a February molter. This year, for reasons known only to Benny, he started today !

Morning walker posse member Carol, called at 0812 to report an animal to the right of the path at Diamond Head. Colleen responded and confirmed that it was Irma. The girl did two weeks in the SE quadrant and then goes back to the SW quadrant for 5 days, and then returns to Diamond Head. I suspect tomorrow will be an Irma Quest day for me, but Only Irma Knows !

Irma 
Kolohe
 Right Spot Tour

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like right spot is preparing to do a channel swim? Possible to Molokai? Is she pregnant?

Donna said...

Only right spot knows what she is up to... the one valuable lesson i learned from the seal whisperer... Just when you think you know what these animals may do, you realize how wrong you are.