Saturday, December 11, 2010

12/11/2010 DB Dailies

I was batting zero in the SE Quadrant until finally at 1004 as I sat on my perch at Makai Pier, I found Duk
e hauling out the the far left end of the beach on Rabbit Island.

On a pan at 1026 Kolohe joined the cast, hauling out at Seal Rock Inlet at the right end of the beach.

At 1132 on a routine pan I discovered that Buster was now along side Kolohe at SRI. There would be no observed interaction however both were having Fledging Wedgie problems.

I got a happy surprise on a routine pan of the beach at 1307, when I spied just the smallest sliver of the
dome of a back, behind the sand dune , 40 ft left of 1BS. I looked at the location many times through the day, but on this particular pass there it was. It would prove to be Sam ! He remained at that spot, but through the rest of the day I got glimpses of everything I needed to make the Sam ID. Its nice to have the boy home again. He last popped up on 12-1-10

Team Billand found Kermit at Kermit's Reef, on the west side of the Nimitz jetty at 0830. At 1335 they reported seeing a small amount of blood in Kermits hind flipper area, but could not confirm a source.

Dera called at 1149 with the report of an animal at Makalei Beach (at the DH end of Waikiki). She advised that Colleen was responding. Colleen confirmed the Rocky ID, at 1240. Though there have been many haul outs to Makalei, there have only been 2 animals that visited that location over the years, Chester and Rocky. (I still think they're related !)
At 1645 Team Billand reported R028 once again at Guard Rails Beach, Maili Pt.

Dera called at 1709 to advise that she had gotten a 1630 report of an animal at Mokuleia that officially is still

an U/U, but how many guys do you know with a right fore flipper nub and a huge scar on his right side. My dollar............. T15M. Thank you to John , Judy & Bonnie for photo confirmation of Sharkbite.
Rocky
Rocky Fans
Rocky photos from Dera
T15 Sharkbite
I apologize for this photo being sideways, I have no idea why nor can I figure out how to rotate it. Rather than not including it just tilt your head to the right.... 

No comments: