Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ewa Girl at Hanama Bay

Martha called from Hanauma Bay at 1806 to report 2 animals on the left ledge. When I arrived at 1839, I fully expected to see Ewa Girl and RIP, but to my shock and awe I was only half right. There lay Ewa Girl as expected, but next to her was a smallish Unknown, Untagged male. There were numerous superficial markers, but I don't think I've seen this animal before.

Ewa Girl has pretty much been in the constant company of RIP (RR70) since the last days before weaning Duke, and the two have been seen as recently as 7-9-09 at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. Somewhere along the line this new guy has come on the scene. I'm wondering if the Unknown , red tagged male I saw briefly at Rabbit Island today, might not have been RIP. Hopefully, tomorrow will provide more answers.

This is Ewa Girls first post weaning visit to Hanauma Bay.

No comments: