Wednesday, July 29, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 7/29/2009

I found M&M and Pup at Middle Cliff at 0700. They would remain there all day. I observed 2 feeds and no swims.

At 0740 I found RIP and Irma doing 10-12 minute dives at Spitting Cave. It is a rarity that I see Mom and our 1st born son together.

Tracy called at 1000 with the report of an animal at Sandy Beach. When I arrived I found Right Spot at the east end of the beach. She would remain there all day, and was still there on my 1600 check. I will recheck at dusk.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1045 I found that Buster had joined the Rabbit Island cast, at the right end of the beach. He would remain there all day.

At 1500 I relocated to the Makapuu Overview because I had not seen Duke all day. Sure enough there he was as the far right end of the beach. He has been totally invisible from the pier.

Tracy had called in the morning to advise that there were two animals at Turtle Bay Hotel. Colleen sent email of a FLICKR shot showing the two, however no ID is possible based on that photo, however I'm told one was a red tagged animal, and my dollar is on R5AY and R018, having moved on from yesterday's Laniakea haul out.

Right Spot was still there when I departed Sandy Beach at 2000. I picked up the rope and left the signs in place.

No comments: