Saturday, July 11, 2009

DB Post Saturday 7/11/2009

On the first look at Rabbit Island at 0645, M&M and pup were at the 3BS, but for the first time were up in the Morning Glory. The were the only observed RI residents.

From 0800 until 1310 the wife and I did the SW quadrant run. We checked everything from Ewa Beach thru Campbell Industrial Park. Once again the Irma Quest came up empty. I have no clue what this girl is doing.

When I got back to Makai Pier at 1310, I found M&M and pup just finishing a swim, and a feed soon followed. The rest of the cast was Duke , on the water front rocks at the right end of the middle cliff (RMC), and Sadie along with an Unknown , red tagged male, at the left end of the beach. The U/M hauled out to her just as I looked through the scope, and stay just a moment, rolling back to the water. Since he was totally covered in sand, all I got was a male belly and red tags. I did not see him again today.

Barbara Billand did the Ka'ena Point trek today, and called at 0830 to report Ka'ena and Benny at the end of the world.




No comments: