Sunday, July 26, 2009

DB Post Sunday 7/26

At 0601, Right Spot hauled out to Sandy Beach. She had last been to Sandys on 10-19-08 after weaning her Molokai pup. According to my records this is her pupping window. She is looking chunky, about pregnant ?????????? We shall see . She was last seen on Oahu on 5-18-09, on the North Shore. She was still there on my 1800 check. I'll be returning shortly to recheck her.

At 0747 I found Irma doing 9 minute dives at Spitting Cave.

The Rabbit Island cast was M&M and pup, once again at the Middle Cliff area, Duke at the right end of the beach, and at end of day near 2BS, and an U/M with red tags, that I could just never get enough info on to make an ID.

A Sandy Beach lifeguard called at 1655 to report that a lady had reported an animal at the cove at Sandy Beach. When I arrived at 1700, I found nobody, but in conversation with the lady, she showed me in camera shots of a red tagged animal that briefly hauled out, did a few head bobs and then returned to the water. My dollar is on M38. She will be forwarding shots.

Right Spot departed Sandy Beach, of her own volition, at 1920. I picked up the stuff and called it a day at 1945.

No comments: