Wednesday, July 22, 2009

DB Post Wednesday 7/22/2009

Irma and M38 where waiting for me at 0520 when I arrived at Sandy Beach. They were right where I'd left them last night. They move down and up with today's tides, and were still there on my 1600 check. I'll be returning to SB shortly. This is D#4 of their Sandy Beach vacation.

The Rabbit Island cast was M&M and pup, once again at the Middle Cliff area. I would observed 1 swim and 2 feeds today. Duke showed up at 1022 and spent the day at the right end of the beach. Buster joined him at 1504, and all were still there when I departed the pier at 1600.

Karen Bryan called at 1547 to report an animal at Pyramid Rock at MCBH. KC would be my guess, but I'm awaiting photos.

Tracy called from Kauai, late in the day to advise that she had tagged R5AY's daughter (RA20), and another male weaner at Larson's today. R5AY had weaned her pup yesterday.

M38 departed at 1908. Irma was still there when I departed at 2000.

1 comment:

Dana Jones said...

After spending 3 marvelous days with 5AY and the other weaner that now has his tags I'm glad to hear they are still doing fine and healthy on that beautiful beach. It looked like the little girl was going to pop, Mom had fed her so well. As always 5AY proved to be one of the best Moms here in the MHI. Good girl, see you next year.