Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unidentified Female Seen Out on the Mokes

Aloha Good People;

Tuesday the good people at KSK (Kayak Sailboards Kailua) came by and told me there was an adult female out on the Mokes... and although they weren't sure it was the same seal they had seen for the prior three days...

So my little seal alarm went off and as soon as I finished my morning shift at the Pizzeria I called Karen Bryan and off the two of us went... paddling our tooshies off. Guess what? No sign of her, but based on the description I got (adult female, no tag and cookie cutter scar) we guessed it was KC and before leaving the little islands... I called my mentor the seal whisperer, who got a kick out of the fact that I was still on the island. He agreed good chance it was KC.

Wish I had some photos.. cause it was gorgeous!
~donna~

No comments: