Tuesday, July 14, 2009

DB Post Tuesday 7/14/2009

The Rabbit Island cast was M&M and pup (D#19) at 3BS, Sadie at the left end of the beach, Duke at the right end, and Kolohe 80 ft or so right of 3BS.

I wrote in yesterday's "daily" that a small animal was reported in the Sandy Beach shorebreak , by bodysurfers. I made a comment about the animal maybe being the EG's U/M (Temp 409), or perhaps Kolohe. When I found Kolohe at Rabbit Island this morning I counted that as a check mark in the Kolohe Kolumn. As I was leaving the pier this afternoon one of the ancient , regular fishermen, told me that around 0600 yesterday morning he saw a "baby seal" while he was fishing at Bamboo Ridge (near Blowhole), and that the seal had a black spot on it's shoulder hump. It was heading toward Sandy Beach. I think that's another check for Kolohe !

The Billands covered the SW and W quadrants today, and found nobody.

Tracy forwarded an Irma shot to me, taken last Sunday afternoon (7-5-09) at Spitting Cave. Video footage already confirmed that she was there. This shot however, confirms a hook and fishing line with a knot and debris at the end on the left side. The hook still can't be seen so the placement is still a mystery. The Billands and I are still on the Irma Quest, but we could sure use a little help from Irma.




so irma is looking quite ROUND, lets pray she lets papa DB find her before she has a pup (if thats the case)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Irma Baby, dont ya know we are looking for ya??? We been covering so much ground, driving alot of miles to find you every day for the past 10 days! Couldnt you show your self so we all know if you're ok and maybe get a glimpse of that hook's location? Cant you make things easier and less stressful? I'm sending my mental message to you girl? Can you hear me???? Come, HAUL UP!! We're waiting to see you, like NOW!!! My prayers are with you kid, hope Daddy DB finds you or sees ya soon. Give us a break Irma!!