Thursday, July 9, 2009

DB Post Thursday 7/9/2009

On my first look at Rabbit Island , at 0648, I found M&M and pup at 3BS, as usual. Since my Makai Pier time was limited by the continuing Irma Quest, I saw no swims and only one feed.

I departed for the SW quadrant at 0835, and checked all of Ewa Beach, and also White Plains. The Billands covered White Plains to Campbell Industrial Park. I found nobody, however surfers told the Billands that there had been an animal in the line up at White Plains, earlier in the morning, doing what sounded like routine foraging behavior, and that somebody (same animal ?) had investigated a small sand area approximately 100 yds east of the east WP perimeter fence, but did not haul out. I checked the area but found nothing. The Irma Quest continues.

The Billands called at 1211 to report that they had found RIP and Ewa Girl at Palm Grove, Campbell Industrial Park. The duo departed of their own volition at 1230. Well..... It was Ewa Girl's own volition. As a dutiful male, RIP just followed along behind.

I got back to Makai Pier at 1315, and found that Sadie had joined the cast at the left end, and Duke was at the right end.

I assisted Brenda Becker with another HPU group, and went back to observations afteward.

Rachel called from Diamond Head at 0900 this morning to report that Rocky was at her usual spot below the 2nd Lookout.

No comments: